1910 E. Innovation Park Drive, Bldg 3 Tucson, AZ 85755 US
Supports the functions of histology in the performance of routine histotechniques and maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with advances in histotechniques. Follows standard procedures and safety policies in performing the tasks and utilizes good documentation practices for maintaining records.
The employee performs histotechnology duties without direct supervision.
- Performs grossing clinical samples without direct supervision of a pathologist.
- Performs tissue processing, cell block preparation, embedding, microtomy and slide staining. Performs accessioning as assigned.
- Screens tissue, prepares control tissue, and performs instrument and equipment validation.
- Performs antibody titers, dilutions and reagent lot verification staining.
- Maintains instruments and/ or laboratory equipment.
- Performs complex technologies as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Associate's Degree in laboratory science, medical laboratory technology, or major in Histology Current HT or HTL (ASCP) certification HT/ HTL board eligible
- 3 years experience as a histotechnician or histotechnologist working in a lab where histotechniques are being used is required.
- Current HT certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skill or Ability
- Solid working knowledge of IHC theory and troubleshooting, and basic IHC and routine histology and IHC quality control documentation.
- Experienced in routine histotechniques
- Ability to perform grossing of clinical biopsy samples, processing, embedding, microtomy, H&E staining and coverslipping of the same.
- Skilled with use of word processing and email use.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.