IT Category Sourcing Manager (REMOTE)
225 Binney Street Cambridge, MA 02142 US
Provide end-to-end Sourcing support to IT functional teams on engagements for software and related services.
• Negotiate a wide range of customer and vendor agreements including SaaS, Professional Services, software licensing, non-disclosure agreements, and other ancillary documents
• Work as part of an IT Sourcing Team and cross-functionally with Finance, Legal, Security, Compliance for engagement due diligence and approval processes
• Provide guidance to internal teams on industry best practices in agreements, commercial terms, and supplier relationships in IT
• Obtain review of contract terms, lead negotiations, advise on and mitigate risk, and obtain approvals for non-standard terms and conditions
• Effectively manage outside vendors and coordinate efforts across internal teams
• Lead cross-functional teams using spend data analytics, market research and cost modeling to identify and leverage high value opportunities that deliver innovative and sustainable value, operational efficiencies and risk mitigation to the business
• Partner with stakeholders and build relationships that facilitate early engagement and the realization of business value
• Develop and implement sourcing strategies to achieve category goals
• Ensure Category leadership understands priorities and needs for supported functions, make recommendations from a customer standpoint.
• Identify and lead/contribute to continuous improvement initiatives with stakeholders
• Minimum of college degree and 7 years’ relevant work experience or equivalent combination
• Accomplished in IT Sourcing (3 years’+) or combination of Sourcing and experience as part of an IT Team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and organization
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to the given audience. Can present information in a clear and concise manner
• Experience with negotiation of contract and commercial terms and conditions for Software & related services
• Strong leadership and collaboration skills with ability to build effective relationships and influence peers and key stakeholders
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task projects.
• Communicates and influences effectively, with the ability to motivate and influence others inside and outside of own function
• Strong project management skills with ability to plan tasks, assign resources, manage progress, remove barriers, manage change, resolve conflict, build consensus, and motivate team members across multiple projects concurrently
• Ability to deal with change and ambiguity effectively
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office and common enterprise software.
• IT Category management experience
• Process and continuous improvement skills
• C.P.M./CPSM certification is a plus
75-87 pay rate range
**salary will be commensurate with experience**
CO, NY candidates may not be considered.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.