IT Infrastructure Engineer
12390 El Camino Real San Diego, CA 92130 US
The Information Technology Infrastructure Engineer-Contractor works with the Director of Infrastructure and Networking supporting, maintaining, updating, and expanding infrastructure resources throughout the organization.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
• Improve data center operations across the organization.
• Assist with general server maintenance and upgrades across the organization.
• Provide expertise in Windows on-prem and cloud services including active directory domains, Azure, Office 365, and Exchange.
• Install and support WiFi access points, connectivity, and authentication.
• Provide expertise of LAN and WAN networks including routing, OSPF, subnetting, VPN technologies.
• Provide expertise with Cisco Meraki, Dell, and Brocade switches. Ability to program switchports, access control lists, VLANs, routing, and security.
• Provide expertise in VMWare vSphere 7 including the provisioning and management of virtual machines, networking, fault tolerance, and storage.
• Install, configure, and maintain SAN storage arrays, and associated connectivity.
• Strong experience with Palo Alto firewalls including Prisma access and Global Protect VPN.
• Strong experience with Cloud migrations and securing cloud access.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need.
· Minimum of AD degree with minimum of 6 years experience performing Data Center operations support
· CCNA or MCSE or VCP certification required
· Hands-on experience with Microsoft AD, vSphere, VMware ESX Server.
· Solid understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing, and network infrastructures.
· Excellent troubleshooting skills. Ability to solve complex technical problems.
· Experience working in the biopharmaceutical company preferred.
· Must be physically able to lift and move data center system components (i.e. Servers, Switches, etc.).
· Availability to work evenings and weekends for projects and mission-critical issues.
· Strong Interpersonal and Communications (oral and written) skills.
In return, we offer you:
· Hybrid work flexibility
· A collaborative, innovative team that works as one to amplify your impact—on your career, the work you do and patients’ lives
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.