In Vitro Research Scientist
3215 Merryfield Row, San Diego, CA 92121 San Diego, CA 92121 US
Pay Rate Range: $48-53
Seeking a highly motivated, Research Scientist to join the Pharmacology Group to contribute to mechanism-of-action studies and new assay development. This position will provide hands-on experience in a dynamic biotechnology/drug discovery environment focused on the development of first-in-class therapeutics for multiple indications. A successful candidate will have demonstrated contributions to a relevant biological field in industry or academia. The role involves extensive collaboration across disciplines (e.g. biology, instrumentation, and high throughput screening) and will require the ability to work both independently and within a dynamic team environment.
· Contribute to the development of cell-based assays for small molecule discovery
· Execute cell-based assays to profile activity and mechanism of action data to meet deliverables for research projects
· Provide molecular biology and cell culture support
· Analyze, interpret, and present data to cross-functional project teams; recommend follow up actions based on data and discussions with the project teams
· Identify and evaluate new technologies to improve efficiency and processes
· Work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment by demonstrating excellent communication and organizational skills
· Ensure data integrity and compliance under policies
· Ph.D. (or equivalent degree) in a relevant discipline (Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Neuroscience, Pharmacology, Biochemistry or related Biological Sciences) and 0-3 years of productive, relevant industry or postdoctoral experience.
· Master’s degree (or equivalent degree) in biological sciences and 3+ years of relevant experience, or
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) in biological sciences and 6+ years of relevant experience
· Experience with molecular biology techniques (e.g., cloning, site directed mutagenesis)
· Experience with mammalian cell culture (HEK cells, primary cells, stable cell generation and transient expression methods)
· Previous experience with imaging techniques, immunocytochemistry and live cell imaging.
· Familiarity with electrophysiology, ion channel pharmacology, and assay development
· Experience with data analysis software.
· Strong desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families, and society
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.