In Vivo Research Associate
San Mateo, CA 94404 US
We are seeking a highly motivated In Vivo Research Associate to join our Oncology in vivo pharmacology team. The selected candidate will provide in vivo study support for evaluating novel oncology therapeutics in pre-clinical models and will be responsible for daily in vivo study execution, data analysis and organization, as well as project team responsibilities. A minor amount of scheduling flexibility, including off-shift and weekend, may be required.
Hands on experience with preclinical mouse models is required. The successful candidate will be proficient in murine handling techniques including various dosing routes (IV, IP, PO, subcutaneous), in-life and terminal blood collection, and handling of tissues during necropsy and processing for ex vivo analysis. The day-to-day responsibilities will include daily dosing, daily tumor measurements, tissue collections, and assisting with various aspects of study and facility maintenance.
In addition to hands-on lab responsibilities, the position will have project team responsibilities including attending meetings to determine appropriate study design, organization of data, and presentation of results.
• BS with 1+ years experience in a scientific lab setting. Title will be commensurate with experience.
• Strong biology background with understanding of basic biochemistry and pharmacology
• Demonstrated ability to design, execute, and analyze experiments.
• Ability to work independently and within a team with clear communication.
• Proficiency with MS suite including powerPoint, Excel, and word. Demonstrated ability to analyze and graph data using GraphPad prism or equivalent.
• Ideal candidate will have basic in vivo experience running experiments. If no experimental experience, husbandry work will be considered.
• Experience with more advanced in vivo techniques: surgery, anesthesia
• Experience with StudyLog data collection software is desired
• Experience with tissue culture is desired.
• Experience with in vivo imaging is desired.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.