In Vivo Scientist
San Diego San Diego, CA 92101 US
Target Pay Rate: 60-81.05/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
We are seeking a motivated Scientist with deep understanding of pharmacology in small and large molecule drug discovery processes. The candidate will be expected to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment and support multiple projects. The candidate will have the opportunity to lead cancer drug discovery projects, participate in the evaluation of new targets and design and implement a strategy for in vivo validation of these targets. The candidate will also lead and manage the pharmacology staff assigned to him/her focusing on execution, priority setting and career development to accomplish the department and project goals. The candidate will participate in preparation of protocols and reports. The candidate will work independently and be viewed as an experienced technical resource in pharmacology.
- Independently design, plan, execute and interpret complex in vivo studies focused on identifying small and large candidate molecules and ADCs within the area of oncology.
- Formulation of small and/or large molecules for in vivo studies.
- Evaluation of pathway biomarkers and endpoints from in vivo studies via techniques such as flow cytometry, qPCR, IHC, ELISA, Mesoscale, Flow cytometry and Western blots.
- Plan, execute and interpret pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic studies in acute and chronic disease models.
- Data presentation to multidisciplinary discovery teams.
- Participate in the evaluation of new targets.
- Identification of risks within function and development of contingencies plans to mitigate risk.
- Lead and manage the pharmacology staff assigned to them.
- Interface with cross-functional teams and represent pharmacology on discovery teams and lead sub-teams.
5+ years of academic and / or industry experience
3+ years of academic and / or industry experience
Ph.D. or equivalent advanced degree in the Life Sciences
No experience necessary
- Proven track record in validating and implementing animal models for testing cancer therapies including xenograft and syngeneic tumor models. Experience with advanced humanized models is a plus.
- In vivo skills include animal handling, dosing of small or large molecules, and ADC sample preparation, small animal surgeries, tissue sample collection, imaging modalities.
- In vivo target validation and experience with more complex xenotransplantation, transgenic and knockout models is a plus.
- Proficiency in laboratory bench skills such as ELISAs, Western blots, Mesoscale, qPCR, Nanostring, Flow cytometry, and/or histology is required. Experience with immunophenotyping of cells from various matrices is a plus.
- Proven track record of good experimental design, in-depth data analysis and interpretation based on strong scientific rationale.
- Detail oriented and able to problem solve and offer potential solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to write protocols and technical reports with precision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic team environment; flexibility to adapt to changes with a positive attitude and independently collaborate across teams, requiring excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong interpersonal skills. Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Interface with cross-functional team members and present to multidisciplinary teams.
- Computer skills: Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, FlowJo and GraphPad Prism. Experience with StudyLog software is a plus.
- Local candidates preferred.
- 30 Minute phone screen
- In Person Panel interview with presentation
• 5+ years of in vivo studies
• 5+ molecular biology techniques
• 5+ xenograft and syngeneic tumor models
• 5+ years Data analysis and presentation
• Ph.D Preferred* Bachelor’s Degree 5+ years of academic and / or industry experience Or Master’s Degree 3+ years of academic and / or industry experience Or Ph.D. or equivalent advanced degree in the Life Sciences No experience necessary
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.