Inspector, Quality Control
Atlanta, GA 30313 US
Target PR: $14-18 commensurate with experience
Purpose of role:
Performs inspection and testing of purchased materials, components and products in accordance with policy and procedures.
• Performs visual, dimensional and functional inspection and testing according to documented policies and procedures.
• Records inspection and test data as prescribed by written instructions and procedures.
• Recommends changes to policies and procedures.
• Documents non-conformances in Non-Conforming Material Review system.
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
• Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED
0-2 years of experience in the following:
- Previous experience in Quality performing inspection.
- Prior medical device component inspection experience preferred.
- Experience with optical measurement equipment, hand tools, gages, pressure and force gage testing.
- Training in blueprint reading and experience with inspection sampling techniques.
- Knowledge of FDA, GMP, ISO 13485
- Good communication and computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- ASQ CMI certification preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Must be willing to work overtime as required, including weekends
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.