1435 McGaw Ave Irvine, CA 92614 US
The main function of a quality technician is to inspect and test processed, machined, fabricated or assembled parts or products for defect, wear, and deviations from specifications.
- Discard or reject products, materials, and equipment not meeting specifications.
- Analyze and interpret blueprints, data, manuals, and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment and certification methods, formulas, and measuring instruments required.
- Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations, and work for conformance to specifications.
- Record inspection or test data, such as weights, temperatures, grades, or moisture content, and quantities inspected or graded.
- Mark items with details such as grade and acceptance or rejection status.
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
- Analyze test data and make computations as necessary to determine test results.
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Basic knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience/training required.
- 2-4 years experience required.
**salary will be commensurate with experience**
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.