Internal Service Engineer
3401 Masons Mill Rd Bryn Athyn, PA 19009 US
Internal Service Engineer, to be based in Huntingdon Valley, PA, for servicing and installing analyzers in Huntingdon Valley. The candidate will provide a high level of technical support to internal labs while working under minimal supervision. The focus will be to provide in-house technical service support on new instruments as well as diagnosing and repairing existing instruments installed. The position will also require the ability to train users of the user’s maintenance procedure and on basic functionality of the systems, as well as the ability to provide support from a remote location. The position will also include duties related to phone customer support and cross-functional team.
Main responsibilities: • Provide on-site installation, validation and commissioning of instruments
• Provide high level technical support to final users at their location
• Perform troubleshooting service and repairs following appropriate troubleshooting procedures to identify and repair faults quickly and accurately. Deal with complex/escalated issues, proactively and in a timely fashion.
• Ensure that all preventative maintenance visits are completed according to the annual PM planning released from the company.
• Provide training to the final user in ordinary instrument maintenance
• Interface with cross functional work teams such as applications specialist, product management and marketing/sales
• Create and maintain service information in the company enterprise database
• Timely and professionally handle customer service calls and issues arising from the field service visits, triage with field applications specialist as appropriate
• Timely complete and submit all required paperwork
• Communicate with the final users to ensure satisfaction and implement any necessary corrective actions
• Managing spare parts stock to ensure that necessary items will be available in case of needs
• Misc. other duties commensurate with the capabilities of a Service Engineer
School background • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical qualifications in electrical/ mechanical/biomedical engineering
• Previous experience in service and maintenance medical equipment is preferred
• Working knowledge of MS Office
• Working knowledge and ability to test and troubleshoot electrical/ fluidics/optical circuits
• Travel: Approximately 80% in house and 20% on-site
Salary Range: $95-102k. Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.