Inventory Control Coordinator
601 Rudolph Way Lawrenceburg, IN 47025 US
I. Position Overview:
The main focus of this position is to control inventory by tracking and monitoring materials within the warehouse. Requires strong reliance on accuracy, monitoring and coordination in order to confirm inventory & investigate count discrepancies.
II. Specific Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Support Inventory Control Mgr. to effectively and consistently improve the current goals.
- Perform physical cycle counts daily.
- Perform end of month physical counts of certain material.
- Support Inventory Control Mgr. to perform root cause analysis where discrepancies are detected.
- Support Inventory Control Mgr. on inventory problems or discrepancies found.
- Document defects precisely.
- Participate in all necessary training is required to successfully perform job responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understand the Work Order pick list and be able to trouble shoot or communicate shortages to shift supervisor.
- Ensures that all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) are followed.
- Participate and complete all necessary training as required to successfully perform job responsibilities.
- Properly use RF Scan Guns and replace for proper charging and storage when not in use.
III. Essential Skills and Experience:
Education or Equivalent: (Minimum required to perform job)
- High School diploma, or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year in a warehouse environment Skills and Requirements
Knowledge/Skills Requirements: (List unique knowledge skills, or problem-solving requirements)
- Basic Computer skills, MS Excel, Word, & Outlook
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Previous experience working in inventory department and cycle counting preferred
- Comfortable using math for majority of shift
- Operating sit-down forklift and swing truck. Maintaining requirements for certification and safety requirements.
- Understanding of use of FEFO
- JD Edwards knowledge beneficial
IV. Dimensions of Position:
Scope of Responsibility
Direct Reports: Inventory Control Supervisor/Manager
V. Physical Requirements and Safety Considerations of the Position:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 lbs. This position also can require extensive time looking at a computer screen.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Target pay $24-25 commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.