111 Town Square Pl #860 Waltham, MA 02451 US
This temporary assignment will focus on assisting with transitioning our internal leave of absence process to a fully outsourced model. The Leave of Absence Coordinator will assist in overseeing the new provider and helping to ensure a smooth transition for all employees on a leave of absence. The coordinator serves as the initial point of contact for employees, guiding employees with new leave requests to the provider and liaising as needed. The individual in this role will also ensure accurate information is provided to payroll for all leaves and reconcile leave payments due to the company. This position requires a strong understanding of applicable employment laws, company policies, and best practices related to leaves of absence.
1. Assist in overseeing the transition between our internal leave of absence and accommodation administration to a fully outsourced model.
2. Interpret and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, including the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and other relevant legislation.
3. Initial point of contact for employees seeking information and guidance on the leave of absence process, including eligibility, application procedures, and documentation requirements.
4. Educating employees on our new leave of absence process and helping to introduce our new leave and accommodation provider.
4. As needed, collaborate with leave and accommodation provider, HR team members, managers, and employees to facilitate smooth transitions for employees returning from leave, including accommodations and reintegration plans.
5. Maintain accurate and confidential records of all leave requests, approvals, and related documentation in accordance with company policies and legal requirements.
6. Coordinate with relevant stakeholders, such as payroll, benefits, and legal departments, to ensure accurate and timely processing of leave-related paperwork, including payroll adjustments and benefit continuation.
1. Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field. 3-4 years of experience preferred.
2. Solid understanding of federal and state leave regulations, including FMLA, ADA, and relevant state laws.
3. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to empathetically interact with employees and stakeholders at all levels.
4. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to manage complex leave cases and maintain accurate records.
5. Prior experience in human resources, specifically in leave management or a related field, is preferred.
6. Proficiency in using HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems) and other relevant software applications.
This job description serves as a general guideline and may vary depending on the specific needs and requirements of the organization.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.