111 Town Square Pl #860 Waltham, MA 02451 US
The Leave of Absence Coordinator will assist in overseeing the outsourced leave of absence provider and helping to ensure a positive experience for all employees on a leave of absence. The coordinator serves as the initial point of contact for employees, guiding employees with new leave requests to the provider and liaising as needed. The individual in this role ensure accurate information is provided to payroll for all leaves and reconcile leave payments due to the company. The position also requires supporting the accommodations process. The person in the role should have a strong understanding of applicable employment and leave laws, company policies, and best practices related to leaves of absence.
1. Assist in overseeing outsourced leave of absence administration process and vendor.
2. Interpretand ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, including theFamily and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA),MA Paid Family & Medical Leave and other relevant legislation.
3. Initialpoint of contact for employees seeking information and guidance on the leave ofabsence process, including eligibility, application procedures, anddocumentation requirements.
4. Asneeded, collaborate with leave and accommodation provider, HR team members,managers, and employees to facilitate smooth transitions for employeesreturning from leave, including accommodations and reintegration plans.
5. Maintainaccurate and confidential records of all leave requests, approvals, and relateddocumentation in accordance with company policies and legal requirements.
6.Coordinate with relevant stakeholders, such as payroll, benefits, and legaldepartments, to ensure accurate and timely processing of leave-relatedpaperwork, including payroll adjustments and benefit continuation.
7. Supportquarterly reporting needs for leave of absence program by obtaining data,compiling and auditing for internal stakeholders.
1. Bachelor’sdegree in human resources, business administration, or a related field. 3-4years of experience preferred.
2. Priorexperience in human resources, specifically in leave management or a relatedfield, is preferred.
3. Solidunderstanding of federal and state leave regulations, including FMLA, ADA, andrelevant state laws.
4. Stronginterpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to empatheticallyinteract with employees and stakeholders at all levels.
5. Excellentorganizational skills and attention to detail to manage complex leave cases andmaintain accurate records.
6.Proficiency in using HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems) and otherrelevant software applications and with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.