Lab Coordination Specialist
101 Customer Site Street Roxbury Crossing, MA 02120 US
Target Pay Rate: 25-30/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to provide critical lab support across three customer sites in the New England region. The Lab Coordination Specialist provides rotating support to the New England regional team by maintaining supplies including gas/dry ice, consumables support, chemical management, and special projects as assigned. A key function of the role is to provide coverage and training support. Support tasks will be carried out according to SOW and specifications agreed on between our customer and client. A successful candidate should have great attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to communicate effectively and be able to work independently. Travel is required for this position.
- This position is based in Cambridge MA and will support two facilities located in Cambridge and one in Branford CT. Individual should expect up to 50% travel.
- To provide a general induction/orientation for new members of staff and visitors
- Provide communication between client service lines and customer stakeholders to ensure efficient coordination of services.
- Escalate customer concerns to site lead and management as appropriate.
- To support coordination of waste removal from labs, ensuring use of appropriate waste streams with appropriate third-party vendors
- To provide timely communication to lab users and site lead on impact of any site service work
- Handle biologically contaminated glassware and plastic ware and glasswash machinery.
- Deliver requested chemicals to appropriate laboratory locations.
- Verify SDS documents in association with the chemical inventories.
- Obtain and maintain RCRA certification.
- Order and transport compressed gas cylinders, liquid dewars, packaged gases.
- Participate in audits and inspections and provide input as requested.
- Receive incoming packages on loading dock.
- Manage inventory of laboratory consumables.
- Observe all safety precautions and be proactive in raising safety concerns.
- Required to complete cross training and tasks as requested.
- Required to provide emergency support outside of business hours as scheduled.
- Maintain training and compliance in areas of health and safety, security, environmental and operational aspects of daily activities in the working environment.
Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to balance conflicting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Technical problem-solving skills and attention to details
- Excellent customer service skills complimented by an ability to listen to and interpret client requests
- Initiative driven with proactive skill set to improve processes
- Ability to read and interpret chemical labeling and hazardous signage
- Intermediate MS Office Skills: Outlook, PowerPoint, Word
- Ability to be pro-active, independent, and detail-oriented
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests with different levels of urgency
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accurate data entry
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, 2+ years of experience handling gas or chemical materials in a laboratory environment, AND 1-2 years of experience in a customer facing role
- Associates degree or higher in a scientific field
- 1-2 years of experience working in a highly regulated environment and/or GxP related experience
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment (e.g., lab coat, safety glasses, etc.) in laboratory.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position more than 25% of the time
- The person needs to occasionally move between labs, corridors, adjoining rooms, and buildings onsite. Frequently operate on instruments, objects, tools or controls, which will require regularly bending, squatting, stretching and reaching in order to perform in a service function.
- Employee must have the ability to transport a Dewar with a push/force factor of 70-85 lbs. Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Occasionally operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Employee may be required to handle hazardous waste according to local, state, and federal regulations. Duties may include identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing and labeling hazardous waste.
- Potential risk to lab-based hazards including but not limited to extreme temperature, biological materials, hazardous chemicals.
- May be required to complete Medical Clearance, Respiratory Protection Training, and Fit Testing to wear a respirator as protection against animal allergens where animals are present in the laboratory environment.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.