Lab Tech (Millsboro) - I (Assistant)
29160 Intervet Ln Millsboro, DE 19966 US
An Assistant Tech is responsible for washing, wrapping, and sterilization of Production equipment.
Essential functions of Technician:
- At all times, an Assistant Lab Tech must follow Standard Operating Procedures and adhere to all safety and company policies.
- The tech will perform duties assigned by department supervision, including but not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate, at all times, safe work habits and maintains a safe work environment.
- Understands and complies with all safety and company policies and procedures.
- Technicians may be responsible for accumulation, labeling and management of hazardous wastes, as appropriate to their area.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize glassware and equipment for use.
- Assist with equipment set-up and operation.
- Proficient in computer use, i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel
- Decontamination of Production generated wastes
- Handling Incoming and Outgoing materials as needed
- Maintain concurrency with all training (SOP, electronic, and hands-on including but not limited to manufacturing, quality, and safety).
- Attend training classes, workshops, meetings, etc. as required to improve job skills and product- related procedures.
- Assist in training new team members.
- Assist in reviewing and developing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Must be able to work flexible work schedule to meet the demands of the manufacturing process. This includes overtime, holidays and weekends. Days and hours are subject to change based on the needs of the business.
- Applies knowledge and skills to other areas within product/department; may act as a source of technical expertise for others.
- Identifies and solves problems.
- Organizes own work to meet agreed-upon deadlines.
- Read, write and understand information and to effectively communicate information to colleagues at various levels.
Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.