Lab Tech (Millsboro) - I (Assistant)
29160 Intervet Ln Millsboro, DE 19966 US
Position description for lab tech (entry level): A Laboratory Technician is responsible for critical laboratory procedures and duties in the production of veterinary products. Technicians may work with a variety of technical equipment while completing cell culture processes throughout the manufacturing cycle. At all times technicians must follow Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures and adhere to all safety and company policies, perform duties assigned by department supervision.
Some of the duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Perform procedures including aseptic work, media preparation, antigen inoculation and harvest, tissue culture preparation and harvest, filling vaccines, etc.
• Maintain accurate and reliable record keeping including charts, log books, and all pertinent documentation
• Communicate any unusual and/or non-routine occurrences when performing tasks
• Cleaning work areas, prepare, clean and sterilize glassware and equipment for use
• Equipment setup and operation
• Note - Embryonic eggs are utilized for virus propagation 2. Hazardous materials: Isopropal Alcohol, Hydrogen peroxide, Phenolic Disinfectants, Oxidizers
Bachelors degree or commensurate experience with some lab based experience.
GMP experience needed.
Some scientific background/experience would be helpful.
Cell culturing experience very helpful.
Prior SAP experience.
Physical abilities test will be required prior to being allowed to start on site.
Aseptic/clean room environment environment experience.
Experience using PH meters, UniFuge, measuring components, reading/following SOP's, aseptic behaviors.
**SHIFT* Stretch of 4 - 10 hour days** experience.
Effective writing, oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are highly desirable.
Pay Range: 15-20/hr
Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.