Lab Tech Sr.
3300 Stelzer Road Columbus, OH 43219 US
• Support the development of nutritional liquid, powder and bar products for global markets.
• Manufacture product in pilot facilities (create manufacturing instructions, order and weigh ingredients, assemble batches for processing and fill into containers)
• Coordinate analytical testing of product (prepare testing protocols, review test results, perform unit conversions)
• Conduct product evaluations (powder oxidation and scoop delivery studies, in process testing of pH, viscosity and total solids)
• Assist in executing experimental designs to optimize the nutrient, microbiological, organoleptic, and physical quality of new and/or improved products while adhering to relevant internal and external constraints.
• Interpret and share results with product development team for further consideration.
• Collaborate and participate in cross-functional business team meetings, as appropriate.
• Strong verbal and written technical communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours per day).
• Ability to stand for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours per day).
• Ability to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50lbs.
• BS in Food Science or related scientific field with 0-3 years relevant experience.
• An internship or equivalent experience at a food company is a plus.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.