Lab Technician - Chemistry
400 Technology Square Cambridge, MA 02139 US
Pay rate range: $25-$33
The Sample Management group is looking for a highly motivated individual to be a key contributor within our team. As a member of the Sample Management group, the successful candidate will be primarily working within the Compound Hub, processing new compounds and inventory requests through the Compound Hub Process
Primary responsibility will be handling of all new compound orders, weighing solid samples within a weigh hood using an analytical balance in order to create solutions, which then move onto the Tecan Liquid Handler.
Sample logistics including packaging and unpackaging samples from both internal and external locations.
Responsible to ensure all service level agreements are achieved on a daily basis and to work with scientific staff directly to complete orders.
- A Bachelors degree with experience working in a scientific lab, having an emphasis on compound inventory management and distribution utilizing automated systems.
- Should have a thorough knowledge of activities related to compound management, including inventory management, solution production, quality control and logistics management.
- Experience working with laboratory robotics
- Ability to diagnose and triage hardware and software issues quickly
- Good personal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Must understand customer focus, and be professional in the work place
- Must be self-motivated, well organized, reliable and able to prioritize workload
- Working knowledge of MS Office products
Desired Traits & Experience:
This is a service orientated position requiring attention to detail, ability to work as part of a team and interact routinely with the scientific staff.
Knowledge of some or all of the following instruments/systems are required: Tecan evo, Biomicrolab Volume Checker, Biomicrolab Tube Sorter
0-12 months of experience
Education A Bachelors degree with experience working in a scientific lab
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.