Lab Technician Senior
3300 Stelzer Road Columbus, OH 43219 US
Lab analyst for nutrient analysis of infant, adult, and medical nutritional products. The primary functions of this position are performance of analytical testing on ingredients and finished product as prescribed in various procedures, while assuring quality standards are met. This position requires producing high quality results while operating within the constraints of safety and laboratory policies. Potential opportunity to assist with validation projects.
• Prepare, analyze, and process nutrient testing on research samples.
• Compare results to predetermined specifications, ensure analytical records are complete, accurate, and in compliance.
• Maintain good laboratory practices.
• Perform accurate and precise testing according to laboratory methods.
• Responsible for keeping up to date with sample due dates and sample backlogs.
• Operate various types of analytical instrumentation.
• Perform wet chemistry testing.
• Investigate method deviations and atypical results.
• Ensure compliance, overall data integrity, and adherence to SOPs, safety, and in-house regulations.
• Ability to work well with others by sharing laboratory equipment and space
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong drive for results
• Understanding of good laboratory documentation practices
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, Nutrition or other related fields preferred.
• Associate degree in life science with 2 years of applicable experience acceptable
• Experience with wet chemistry techniques in a laboratory setting preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel a plus
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.