Laboratory Assistant I
Cambridge, MA 02142 US
Target Pay Rate: 25-32.54/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
Work within client's Cell Culture Development organization and be engaged in various laboratory aspects. This position grants the individual an opportunity to learn about the bioprocessing application of cell culture and observe how early and late stage drug processes are developed, tested, and transferred to manufacturing scales from lab and pilot scales. This is a full time position for six months.
The candidate will conduct laboratory cell culture experiments such as setting up and running bench scale bioreactors (sample, analyze, feed, and assess culture performance), shake flasks, and micro-scale AMBR bioreactors, including documenting the laboratory work via the internal electronical lab notebook system. The candidate will support projects analyzing product quality attributes for biologics utilizing analytical instruments including but not limited to LC-MS, etc. The candidate must be a strong team player with effective time management skills and have an ability to collaborate productively on projects. Additionally, the candidate should be detail oriented and skilled at troubleshooting. the candidate will be exposed to multiple clinical development programs, new technology projects, and a variety of cell lines, process platforms and cell culture monitoring instrumentation.
- Previous experience operating and analyzing data generated by liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (LC-MS) instruments
- Self-motivated and team oriented with the ability to work towards independent goals.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Willing to work weekend shifts.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and creativity.
- Proficient in working with PC based computer systems and relevant applications including Microsoft Excel. Experience with IDBS Electronic Notebook application is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of and interest in mammalian cell culture techniques including aseptic operations, cell biology, biochemistry, analytical techniques, and bioreactor operations is a plus.
Bachelors degree in engineering or life-science related major
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.