Laboratory Technician - I (Assistant)
2415 Ponderosa Dr Lawrence, KS 66046 US
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Briefly summarize the primary purpose of the position.
- Performs basic analytical procedures on feed samples containing pharmaceutical ingredients according to FDA cGMP requirements.
- Performs sample preparation on fecal samples for parasite egg counts, chicken GI tracts for worm counts and serum samples for ELISA.
- Prepares laboratory reagents and solutions according to analytical methodology or standard operating procedures (SOP).
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Describe briefly the major activities of the position. Indicate the approximate percentage of time spent on each activity.
70% Grinds feed mill samples and prepares fecal and gut samples as part of routine testing programs.
15% Glassware cleaning and other general housekeeping duties.
10% Maintains complete and accurate documentation for all work performed.
5% Performs other tasks as requested by management.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Prior laboratory experience preferred
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision
• Good documentation and communication skills
• Working knowledge of excel, outlook.
• Team player
• Good work ethics
• Motivated to work independently
Physical requirement: Able to lift 25lbs, require prolonged standing and manual labor work.
Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.