400 Dexter Avenue N Seattle, WA 98109 US
This is a contractor lab technician position to support Cell Therapy Development (CTD) and Cell Therapy Operations (CTO) teams. Primary goals of this position will be to maintain daily operations of lab equipment and instruments (including troubleshooting, repairing, cleaning, and emergency response action plans), assisting in improved efficiencies programs, and tracking and managing equipment moves. Secondary goals of this position will be to collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure viability of lab equipment. The qualified candidate should have excellent communication and time management skills, be highly organized, and be able to work interdependently.
This is a contracted position that requires 100% onsite availability, Monday - Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Key Responsibilities Duties will include:
- Troubleshooting, repairing, and responding to emergent needs of lab equipment (i.e., biosafety cabinets, temperature sensitive units, cell counters, label makers, etc.)
- Cleaning and sterilizing lab equipment and instruments
- Perform routine and non-routine maintenance of lab equipment (i.e., temperature sensitive units, analyzers, pipettes, etc.)
- Help with general lab organization, efficiency, functionality, and productivity
- Interface with warehouse teams, facilities, EH&S, and end user groups to ensure needs are being met, safety protocols are being followed, news is properly communicated, etc.
- Collaborate with external partners to schedule and follow up on preventative and corrective service measures
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Bachelors Degree in scientific field
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross functional groups
- Ability to quickly evaluate problems/areas for improvement, and identify core issues or causes
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills to help develop solutions and escalate ongoing issues to appropriate stakeholders
- Proficiency of MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Outlook) and SharePoint
- General familiarity with scientific laboratory environment, safety, and operations
- Scientific industry experience
- 5S/Lean Six Sigma or Continuous Improvement experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.