Legal Operations Specialist
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
The successful candidate will join a team of legal operations professionals that focuses on technology support to our Legal Department. You will report directly to the team leader of the Legal Technology team, a sub-team within Legal Operations.
As a Legal Operations Specialist focused on process automation and data analytics, you will play a critical role in optimizing our legal department's performance. You will collaborate closely with legal professionals and other legal operations specialists to streamline processes, harness data insights, and ensure the seamless functioning of our legal technology systems. At its core, your job is to problem solve and make things work, so that our attorneys and others within the Legal department can focus on what they need to do. An ideal candidate is tech savvy, creative, and self-motivated. You pride yourself on proactively looking for innovative solutions to help others. Members of our team are given - and expected to take - a high degree of ownership when it comes to the work we do. You are a team player and embrace transparency and sharing of work and information amongst team players. Importantly, you work well in a fast-paced environment and excel at multitasking and being able to manage multiple projects with overlapping timelines and competing deadlines, while driving end-to-end results. You will partner with Legal practice groups, other teams within Legal Operations, Global Informatics, other teams within the company network, and external vendors. The role is based at our site in South San Francisco and requires a majority of work time on site each week.
- Identify, assess, and document existing legal processes, workflows, and systems.
- Develop and implement strategies for process automation and optimization using appropriate tools and technologies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify automation opportunities,
- define requirements, and design scalable solutions.
- Configure, test, and deploy automation solutions, ensuring seamless integration with existing systems and processes.
- Monitor and evaluate automated processes, troubleshoot issues, and propose enhancements for continuous improvement.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Collect, analyze, and interpret legal data from various sources to identify trends, patterns, and potential risks.
- Generate actionable insights from data analysis to support strategic decision-making.
- Design and implement data models, dashboards, and reports to visualize and communicate key insights to stakeholders.
- Stay updated with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in data analytics and reporting.
- Document system configurations, processes, and procedures
. QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Business, Computer Science or related field
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience (process automation and data analytics)
- Six sigma or similar accreditation or experience beneficial
- Experience developing and using advanced Excel-based models, data analytic tools (e.g., Tableau) and conducting quantitative analysis preferred
- Experience with systems and data structures that facilitate obtaining efficient analytical insights
- Experience leading the design and delivery of data analytics solutions and knowledge of machine learning solutions
- Project management exposure and experience, with strong time management skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including the ability to simplify complex matters into focused insights for senior leadership
- Strong collaboration skills with internal and external business partners to the legal department
- Ability to drive results while being agile
- Strategic thinker with analytical and problem solving experience
- Execution-oriented and able to complete and lead tasks independently
- Comfortable and effective working with all levels of a matrixed organization, including senior executives
Pay Rate Range: $60-73/hr. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.