Logistics Analyst (Freight Auditor)
710 Medtronic Parkway Northeast Spring Lk Pk, MN 55432 US
The Freight Auditor will be responsible for investigating freight shipments and invoice payment information against company contractual obligations and rates. The goal is to identify billing discrepancies and verify overpayments made by the company and engage and partner with Intelligent Audit (our partner for freight auditing) to file overcharge claims. The Auditor will sometimes work with other departments and have direct communication with carriers and/or clients to discuss various issues concerning billing accuracy. The Freight Auditor will maintain and drive compliance of global rate cards and processes across all modes of service
The ideal candidate will be proficient in data mining tools (i.e. Powerbi) and knowledge of Ocean, Air, LTL, or TL contracts, pricing, and or billing practices is highly ideal. Strong Excel experience is REQUIRED.
Top 3 characteristics:
- Experience in logistics and managing carriers
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in excel and data mining tools
- Experience analyzing and interpreting customer contracts and rates, audit invoice payment information, and file overcharge claims.
- Bachelors degree required (i.e. Business, Logistics or Finance)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience,
- Excel power user (pivots, lookups, basic formulas, etc.)
- Experience with global freight audit & pay, transportation partner aging, freight invoice best practices
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.