18655 Teller Avenue Irvine, CA 92612 US
Target PR Range: 25-33
*Depending on experience
The Logistics Technician will be responsible for providing logistics and procurement support to the Bioscience Laboratories Irvine (BLI) Manufacturing department in accordance with all corporate standards, Ministry of Health regulations, and emerging trends within industry. The individual will work within the BLI manufacturing team to perform the following duties:
Will require DOC clearance FBI BG check and SRA Approval
• Act as a liaison with vendors, and internal network.
• Create/firm purchase requisitions at a daily operations level (follow-up, shipment planning, document review, vendor coordination).
• Maintain physical inventory of manufacturing materials.
• While adhering to policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements, perform the shipping and/or receiving of materials to and from the warehouse on behalf of the department. This would include coordinating either the shipping or receipt of materials or the preparation for delivery of materials to and from the facility with focus on accuracy, efficiency, and time management.
• Address problems with order flow or shipping delays, such as damaged or improperly packed goods, as well as day-to-day concerns with warehouse capacity and production deadlines. May include face-to-face, phone or email interactions with vendors and contractors.
• Request updates to SAP master data via DSP
• Create/update vendor master data, as necessary.
• Ensure proper documentation for all activities performed, following BLI SOPs and regulatory requirements.
• Review and revise procurement and logistics SOPs (as necessary).
• Issue out materials to the manufacturing department for use during batch production
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.