MSAT Associate Scientist
101 International Drive Portsmouth, NH 03801 US
Target Pay Rate: 32-37.50/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
This person is responsible for execution of laboratory-based studies in the MSAT downstream purification lab. The person performs assigned duties according to specified procedures and receives detailed instructions. The incumbent performs a variety of routine work within established policies and procedures and receives detailed instructions on new projects and assignments. The individual is expected to be a subject matter expert for routine assignments, and it is expected that questions on tasks or issues will be raised by this individual when clarification or greater technical expertise is required. Strong communication, technical writing, organizational and interpersonal skills; Strong computer skills (including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.); Analytical and problem-solving skills; Attention to detail and high level of accuracy. Able to shift priorities based on company needs and multitask to keep projects on track.
- Execution of MSAT laboratory study work.
- Performs tasks for execution of routine lab studies with minimal supervision, and more complex studies with supervisory input.
- Executes study methods in accordance with study protocols or SOPs.
- Maintains equipment in accordance with SOPs.
- Protocol/report writing and data analysis:
- Drafts simple study protocols and reports independently with supervisor review, more complex studies with supervisor guidance
- Performs basic level of data analysis such as nonstandard calculations, means comparison, control charting
- Able to draw preliminary conclusions from study data sets
- Prepares slides with supervisor guidance and presents data at MSAT Lab group meetings
- Lab upkeep and ancillary support
- Reviews lab documentation and provides recommendations for updates and corrections.
- Monitors and performs preventative maintenance activities for the lab and lab infrastructure ensuring equipment is maintained in good functional condition.
- Participates in shared activities associated with lab housekeeping.
- Participates in regular safety audits and area 6S activities.
- Represent MSAT:
- Represents MSAT labs with supervision on internal and external project teams. Interfaces with customer technical and quality representatives on study related work with supervision.
- Provides regular updates on study related progress (e.g. investigational studies, pre-LA studies).
- Follows all training and policy guidelines established for the facility as well as all cGMP requirements.
- Ensures employee training profile is up to date at all times by regular monitoring of training lists (e.g. ComplianceWire, SAP Learning Portal) and completing all training in a timely fashion.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- DSP skills: Basic knowledge of cell biology, protein structure, scale up, chromatography, UF/DF and virus filtration. Familiarity with filtration, aseptic technique.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.