Machine Operator, 3rd shift
927 S Curry Pike Bloomington, IN 47402 Bloomington, IN 47402 US
Target Pay Rate: 20.55/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
The Machine Operator works within the Finishing/Packaging Complex. They ensure maximum equipment efficiency to meet client demand and expectations. They contribute to creating an environment where teamwork, productivity, safety, identity, strength, purity and quality (SISPQ) are reflected in the finished product. Machine Operators will support Manual Inspection and Packaging operations when necessary. This position reports to the Finishing Supervisor.
What you’ll be doing:
1. Equipment Operation
- Follow and execute machine operation according to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and batch record instructions
- Maximize equipment efficiency during operation, ensuring first pass quality product
- Periodically check/examine units from good and or reject areas to ensure proper equipment function
- Challenge equipment and or verification systems according to SOPs or batch record instructions
- Document all actions performed at the time of performance; assist with verifying various batch record or other equipment steps for teammates
- Communicate equipment issues
- Machine Trouble shooting
- Equipment Qualification
- Visual acuity 20/20 with or without corrective vision and ability to pass color blind test
2. Set-up, Tear down, & Changeover
- Thoroughly clean and clear machines in established target timelines between production operations
- Perform set-up and changeover activities independently for assigned machine; assist set-up and or changeovers on additional equipment when available
3. Continuous Improvement, Training, and Safety
- Train peers and Relief Machine Operators for general equipment operation, setup and changeover
- Work with Finishing Training, Supervisors, Machine Operators, etc. to update/improve SOPs
- Immediately address any safety or training deficiencies discovered by you or your team mates; notify appropriate levels of management as necessary
Work Environment: Controlled pharmaceutical environment including wearing long sleeves, safety toe shoes, gloves and safety glasses. Ability to work in a team environment on a variety of automated packaging equipment.
What you’ll bring:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 6 months of previous Pharmaceutical or Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills, including legible handwriting
- Good interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures, specifications, and job-specific training materials
- Requires the usage of hand tools for set up and operation of automated equipment.
- Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English
Physical / Safety Requirements:
- Must be able to lift, push/pull, and carry up to 50 pounds
- Required to stand for up to 8 hours per day, including constant standing for 2 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds overhead
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is required
Additional Requirement: Final candidates for Machine Operator will be required to pass a post offer/pre-employment job placement examination which will test the physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.