Manager, Global IST Operations/ Medical Affairs
3170 Porter Drive Palo Alto, CA 94304 US
The Manager, Global IST Operations will support the Medical Affairs leadership in coordinating activities essential to the timely execution and tracking of Medical Affairs projects. This position is responsible for process management of assigned Therapeutic Area Investigator Sponsored Trials (IST) program led by Global Medical Affairs.
Manage the operations of the assigned Investigator Sponsored Trials program for client therapeutic areas. This includes but is not limited to:
- Scheduling meetings and keeping track of the progress and outcomes of ISTs while continuously providing updates to stakeholders
- Requesting, and tracking of contracts, invoices, and payments and ensure timely processing
- Facilitating drug supply to study sites.
- Maintaining continuous communications with MSLs in the field in support of ISTs in their territory.
- Tracking study progress, patient enrollment and study publications
- Identifying and implementing improvements to the IST process
- Entering data into various databases and Smartsheet’s to track progress of studies
- Reporting on metrics associated with the execution of the IST program
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and ensure continuous and consistent communication with key internal partners
- Stay current on client SOPs and Global Medical Affairs Best Practices
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant industry experience
- First-hand experience in operations and resource management
- Experience in successfully coordinating across several complex functions to ensure comprehensive and consistent planning
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Strong business judgment and acumen
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Operational capabilities
- Ability to perform under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Experience managing project budgets and work plans
- Proficiency with ISTs related database preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is highly desirable
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.