Manager, Medical Affairs Oncology
211 Mount Airy Rd Basking Ridge, NJ 07920 US
Target Pay Rate: 50-75/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
Under the guidance of the (Associate) Director, the Manager, US Medical Affairs Oncology will contribute to development of the US medical affairs plan for assigned product(s) and ensure optimal execution of planned activities. This includes strategic partnerships with the brand and commercial teams, HEOR (Health Economics Outcomes Research), R&D (Research and Development), FMA (Field Medical Affairs), MI&E (Medical Information and Education) and global functions as necessary to create and implement strategies that support launch and post-approval activities. The role will be participate in advisory activities to obtain feedback; identification and management of key external stakeholders including scientific leaders, payers, and societies; providing US input into global development strategy, design, and deliverables, including scientific communications and publications; scientific engagement planning and coordination; interpretation of clinical data; ensuring consistency of clinical content and scientific statements across materials; training and education of cross-functional internal colleagues; and budget and forecast accuracy.
Cross-functional collaboration to ensure strategic, timely and appropriate scientific communication and engagement activities at major congresses, medical meetings, and other venues; ensure timely release of data supporting core development areas; assure high quality outputs as well as compliance with appropriate internal and external publication practices.
Supports the (Associate) Director (in collaboration with stakeholders as appropriate) in execution of advisory meetings to enhance life cycle management and contribution of the Oncology portfolio to patient care and corporate presence. Support the (Associate) Director in development and execution of thought leader engagement plans and ensure the tactical implementation is consistent with company SOPs, rules and regulations
Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as development and Global functions in the execution of appropriate Medical Affairs plans to support DSI Corporate, oncology and Brand strategies (including New Product Planning, Marketing, Clinical Development and Sales, as well as, Health Outcomes Research and Legal). Also responsible for therapeutic area training needs of field-based Medical Science Liaisons including the development of training materials and appropriate sessions to maintain high level of clinical expertise in the field of oncology.
- 1 or More Years relevant pharmaceutical industry, clinical, and/or academic experience for MD, PharmD, or PhD preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years experience with oncology (solid tumors) is highly preferred
- Proven track record of working successfully with cross-functional teams to achieve goals. preferred
- Experience with medical strategies and scientific research/communication plans preferred
- Expertise in interpretation of scientific data, publication strategies and GPP guidelines. preferred
- Understanding of the breast cancer, NSCLC, and/or GI malignancies clinical landscape desired, but not required. preferred
- Ability to anticipate and facilitate issue resolution. preferred
- Ability to prioritize and maximize cross functional opportunities. preferred
- Familiarity with clinical research in therapeutic area is highly desirable. preferred
- Cross functional corporate experience. preferred
- Ability to triage and handle multiple priorities in an effective manner. preferred
- PharmD in the Health Sciences required or
- PhD in the Health Sciences required (highly preferred)
- MD in the Health Sciences required
- training or experience in a relevant therapeutic area, including breast cancer, NSCLC, and/or GI malignancies preferred
**CO/NY candidates may not be considered
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.