Manager, Oncology Publications
100 Bayer Boulevard Whippany, NJ 07981 US
Target Pay Rate: 35-53.73/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
The Manager, Oncology Publications position will support the Oncology Publications team within an assigned product(s); the Oncology Publications team is part of the Global Medical Affairs organization within the Oncology Strategic Business Unit (SBU).
Seeking a Publications Professional to join the Oncology Publication team. Reporting to the Head of Oncology Stivarga/Nexavar Publications, the Publications Manager will be responsible for overseeing publication-related activities for these assets, including execution of publication plans, management of the internal publication database, and coordination of publication activity with internal and external stakeholders and authors, and external medical publication agencies.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Head to oversee development and production of all medical and scientific publications (including meeting abstracts, posters, oral presentations and journal publications) via collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and authors,
- Adhere to publications process guidelines and policies
- Supervise external agencies for all Publications projects
- Actively manage the Publications budget within the Global Medical Affairs overall budget.
- Provide regular publication status reports to Global Medical Affairs and other cross functional stakeholders
- Manage data entry and reports of publication-related activity within the publication management software system (Datavision).
REQUIREMENTS/PREFERENCES Education Requirement(s):
- Advanced scientific degree (eg. PhD, PharmD) preferred
- Bachelors or Masters Degree may be acceptable with minimum of 5 years experience in Medical Affairs or R&D
Skill & Competency Requirements:
- 1+ years of publication experience with ability to write/edit scientific articles, posters and abstracts (required)
- Capable of interpreting data from preclinical and clinical research, including a working knowledge of statistical methods (required)
- Ability to work with cross functional teams with minimal supervision (required)
- Pharma/Biotech (or related field e.g. medical communication agency) (required)
- Oncology experience in academic or industry (preferred)
- Prior experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry or in a medical communication agency
- Experience in oncology and/or familiarity with Datavision would be desirable
- Ability to write / edit scientific articles, posters and abstracts
Travel Requirements: (if applicable) minimum
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.