Manager, RDAA Business Excellence Strategy and Operations
N Waukegan Rd Irvine, CA 92612 US
Target PR Range: 80-105/hr
*Depending one experience
The Manager, RDAA Business Excellence Strategy and Operations works with cross-functional and divisional stakeholders to execute centralized operational functions in support of RDAA. Responsible for direct operational support in procure to pay for select functions. Working directly with business owners, facilitating end to end procure to pay operational support (e.g., order creation, invoice resolution, new vendor initiation). Brings a continuous improvement mindset, proactively identifying inefficiencies/pain points within current business processes and working with the broader team to propose fit for purpose solutions. Expectation for increase and/or shift in responsibilities as business operations needs emerge.
• Responsible for managing E2E procure to pay including (but not limited to) new order creation, new vendor qualification, invoice payment
• Partners effectively with business owners to ensure timely execution and resolution of requests
• Provides visible metrics, tracking and early escalation for all key initiatives under support to ensure rapid resolution, cross-business learnings and continuous improvement
• Serves as point of contact for business operations challenges in RDAA, working with broader Business Excellence team to triage and provide appropriate support model (e.g., direct intervention vs handoff to supporting stakeholders)
• Pulls together key learnings/opportunities in slide presentations for team problem solving and business case development
• Supports business operations initiatives to streamline processes cross functionally both within function and across RDAA
• Anticipates emerging issues and proactively develops solutions working with RDAA Business Excellence team
• Establishes partnerships with key counterparts in RDAA functional teams and supporting functions (e.g., Finance, procurement, AP)
• Interacts with external stakeholders as needed as point of contact for procure to pay related queries
• Collaborates with other business excellence groups to share best practices and learnings
• Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree/certifications a plus.
Minimum of 8 years total experience required, 6+ years Business related. 4+ years in pharmaceutical, healthcare or regulated industry and strong knowledge in pharmaceutical regulations i.e. FDA and European Union preferred. 3+ years experience in a business operations role; and/or experience in finance/accounting/procurement strongly preferred. Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical regulations, i.e. FDA and European Union and their impact to organization processes and technology tools preferred.
• Expertise with purchasing or financial processes required (including SAP, purchasing, vendor contracts, purchase order set up and invoice resolution).
• Proficiency in project planning experience preferred including managing multiple ongoing initiatives/workstreams
• Experience in leveraging qualitative/quantitative data to develop business case
• Proficiency in excel, smartsheets and other advanced software analytics tools preferred (e.g., PowerBI)
• Experience working in a complex and matrixed environment required. Demonstrated ability to own proactive problem solving/stakeholder management to drive the business forward
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written required.
• Note: Higher education may compensate for years of experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.