Manager, SRDO Business Operations
781 Lincoln Avenue San Rafael, CA 94903 US
The Business Operations group within Strategic Research and Development Operations (SRDO), is the center of excellence for providing industry best practice operational support for the conduct of the company's global trials, including vendor and site contract management, strategic vendor oversight, and financial spend analysis and management.?
- In collaboration with Global Sourcing and Procurement (GSP), Sourcing Team or Functional Area, provide input to RFI/RFP content for bids, review proposals, and perform/present quantitative analysis for responses to RFP. Quantitative analysis to include:
- Comparison of budget with study assumptions
- Comparison of bids against previous contracts
- Comparison of bids against each other
- Participate in bid defense meetings, as appropriate
- Leverage budget analyses and existing vendor performance data to inform selection
- Negotiate budget and scope with vendors, as appropriate
Vendor Contract Management
- Facilitate the contracting process thru to execution of the entire contract, including all exhibits.
- Draft self-authored contracts and the QC of documents for non-self-authored contracts
- Update scope and/or budget, including business/payment terms
- Include any unique business terms to be added/negotiated
- Facilitate the review and approval of the contract including internal review, vendor review, vendor final negotiations within specified legal parameters, and escalation of any approval issues
- Ensure all contract types (MSAs, SOWs, COs, NDAs, consulting agreements and other assigned contracts) that originate in SRDO are efficiently managed through the Legal contract review and financial approval systems and entered into the department tracking system.
- Collaborate with Legal and other identified business areas, as appropriate, to ensure contracts are progressed on a timely basis
- Proactively communicate with key stakeholders on the status of contract review and approval
- Assist stakeholders with tracking of terms, PO funding, scope, and necessary changes
- Record all appropriate contract activities in department tracking system (BOARD)
- Partner with service owners, Finance, GSP, Legal and Business Operations team member through the duration of the vendor contract to:
- Understand impact of identified changes on: study scope, vendor scope, budget and forecasts
- Understand accruals and forecast updates associated with contracted services
- Identify contract documentation requirements (e.g., CNF or CO) or whether a new category of services requiring a new vendor is required
- Request and receive Change Order proposals from vendor(s)
- Negotiate vendor scope/budget, including business/payment terms
- Communicate CO expectations to ensure all parties are made aware of any contract, budget and relationship impacts
- Prepare and speak to vendor contracting updates in study team meetings
- Resolve any contract execution, PO funding, and vendor payment issues as they arise
- Support contract close-out, as per department processes
- BA/BS in finance, accounting, legal, health sciences, or related degree. Experience in lieu of education is considered.
- Strong computer skills in database management and document preparation (Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Excellent organization and time-management skills; must be able to demonstrate agility in prioritizing assigned work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively with outside parties and serve as a liaison among department personnel and business partners, and proactively communicate relevant issues and deadlines;
- 3+ years of relevant experience working in the pharmaceutical industry (including CROs)
- Relevant technical experience working with contracts and business operations
- Experience in the following applications:
- MS SharePoint, Teams, Power BI
- BOARD (business intelligence software)
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.