Manufacturing Engineer - Exempt
195 McDermott Road North Haven, CT 06473 US
Top 3 things you are looking for in a candidates experience:
1. Hard Skills: Experience on Project Management, Root Cause Analysis and Data Analysis
2. Soft Skills: Good communication skills and Leading cross-functional teams
3. Nice to have: Any experience on Extrusion and/or Molding and/or Chemical plant/processes.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Chemical, Mechanical, Bio-Medical or Industrial Engineering
- Demonstrated abilities leading cross functional teams
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
- One to Three years of experience on similar positions
Nice To Have
- Experience in extrusion or molding processes
- Experience in polymerization processes
- Solid organizational, functional coordination and presentation skills
Education Required: BS in Chemical, Mechanical, or Bio-Medical Engineering
Years’ Experience Required: 1-3 Years of experience
Will the contractor be working 40 hours a week? If not, weekly estimate? The regular working time will be 40 hours.
Does this position require the candidate to be onsite or remote? Required to be onsite. Based on our current model, the person will have one day working from home every 2 weeks.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Provide daily production support to set up, troubleshoot, repair, and monitor chemical and mechanical processes like crystallization, distillation, polymer extrusion, and bio-medical process equipment.
- Review manufacturing equipment and processes for improvement potential using statistical data and analysis of equipment condition then effectively manage change projects.
- Team with manufacturing and quality personnel on a daily basis to review / disposition production defects and provides potential process and/or equipment corrective actions to assure production schedules and quality expectations are met.
- Review production data to determine root causes of potential manufacturing defects then develop and implement effective corrective actions.
- Provide expertise in specification development, procurement, build, documentation, validation, and personnel training for chemical, polymer extrusion, textile, and bio-medical related processes.
- Support new product development, quality improvement, and integration projects.
- Manage Engineering changes like BOM creation/modification and general ERP support.
- Maintain excellent communications with Manufacturing, Quality, Maintenance, Safety, Planning, and Metrology departments on an as-needed basis.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams a plus, using project management tools such as Microsoft Project Gantt charts, tracking financials of projects, holding successful meetings, and distributing timely minutes.
SPECIALIST CAREER STREAM:
Typically an individual contributor with responsibility in a professional discipline or specialty. Delivers and/or manages projects assigned and works with other stakeholders to achieve desired results. May act as a mentor to colleagues or may direct the work of other lower-level professionals. The majority of time is spent delivering and overseeing the projects from design to implementation while and adhering to policies, using specialized knowledge and skills normally acquired through advanced education (typically University).
Autonomy: Established and productive individual contributor. Works independently with general supervision on larger, moderately complex projects / assignments.
Organizational Impact: Sets objectives for own job area to meet the objectives of projects and assignments. Contributes to the completion of project milestones. May have some involvement in cross-functional assignments.
Innovation and Complexity: Problems and issues faced are general, and may require understanding of broader set of issues or other job areas but typically are not complex. Makes adjustments or recommends enhancements in systems and processes to solve problems or improve the effectiveness of job area.
Communication and Influence: Communicates primarily and frequently with internal contacts. External interactions are less complex or problem-solving in nature. Contacts others to share information, status, needs, and issues in order to inform, gain input, and support decision-making.
Leadership and Talent Management: May provide guidance and assistance to entry-level professionals and / or employees in Support Career Stream. Required Knowledge and Experience: Requires practical knowledge and demonstrated competence within job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Requires a University Degree and minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with 0 years of experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.