Manufacturing Engineer II
195 McDermott Road North Haven, CT 06473 US
Competitive bid, send candidates according to experience
North Haven, CT
Top 3 technical skills that you are looking for in a candidates experience:
- Electromechanical Troubleshooting of PLCs, Cognex Vision
- Experience with Form, Fill, Seal equipment
- Experience with Validations, DOE, IQ, OQ, PQ
Education Required: Bachelors in either Mechanical, Controls, Automation Engineering
Years’ Experience Required: 3
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for providing daily support of multiple product families with specific regard to product quality product cost process development and process improvements safety and project management activities relating to the assembly and packaging of suture products. Duties include managing and/or participating in cross functional teams to provide daily Manufacturing Engineering support of Automated Manual assembly processes and project specific goals.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for providing daily support of multiple product families with specific regard to product quality, product cost, process development and process improvements, safety, and project management activities relating to the assembly and packaging of suture products. Duties include managing and/or participating in cross functional teams to provide daily Manufacturing Engineering support of Automated, Manual assembly processes and project specific goals.
- Team with manufacturing and quality personnel on a daily basis to review / disposition production defects and provide potential process and/or equipment corrective actions to assure production schedules and quality expectations are met.
- Provide daily production support to set up, trouble shoot, repair, and monitor automated manufacturing assembly equipment.
- Review manufacturing equipment and processes for improvement potential using statistical data and analysis of equipment condition then effectively manage change projects.
- Lead Process improvement projects related to existing manufacturing processes.
- Mechanical Aptitude and reverse Engineering of Mechanical Fixtures
- Prepare IQ, OQ, PQ validation protocols and reports to support implementation of new, existing, and upgrading equipment.
- Lead contributor in cross functional team work to investigate, analyze, and establish Corrective & Preventative Actions in support of Automated & Manual Assembly processes.
- Support new process development, product quality improvement, and integration projects.
- Maintain excellent communications with Manufacturing, Quality, Maintenance, Safety, Planning, and Metrology departments on an as needed basis.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams a plus, using project management tools such as Microsoft Project Gantt charts, tracking financials of project, holding successful meetings, and distributing timely minutes.
- Follow established guidelines and management direction with regard to engineering decisions and departmental/company policy.
- Perform process root cause investigations and create presentations to display root cause investigation tools.
- Scope and develop capital projects to improve equipment and process Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) while partnering with vendors to integrate.
· BS / BA Engineering or Equivalent with Mechanical Engineering Focus
· MS Engineering or MBA
· Trained/certified in Lean and/or six sigma
· 1-3 years Applicable Experience
· Dynamic, positive attitude
· Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
· Strong communication, project management, and leadership skills
· Solid organizational, functional coordination and presentation skills
· OEE & Data analysis to drive continuous improvement projects
· Organizing and facilitating team meetings
· Mechanical Aptitude
· Knowledge of Project Management Tools (Microsoft Project, Gantt, and Capital Budget Attainment)
· Mechanical Aptitude (Solidworks, AutoCad)
· Tooling/Fixture design and redesign
· Working knowledge of mechanical design
· Strong Interpersonal Skills
· Working knowledge of DFMEA, PFMEA
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.