709 Sandoval Way Hayward, CA 94544 US
Responsible for the setup, operation, manufacturing, cleaning, packaging, and routine maintenance of the Liquid Embolic product line. Operating as part of a team in a cleanroom environment, this position follows SOPs (standard operating procedures); adheres to Quality, Safety and Environmental standards; meets production targets and communicates with supervisors, engineers, and other manufacturing and quality personnel; assists and works collaboratively with the manufacturing team and all other departments.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: • Ensure the product is being manufactured with strict adherence to all Manufacturing, Quality, Safety and Environmental SOPs.
• Set up, operate, monitor, clean, and maintain various processing, packaging and testing equipment.
• Assist in certain maintenance activities to ensure routine preventative maintenance, and calibrations are performed in a timely manner with minimal impact on processing schedules and complete adherence to procedures and Quality, Safety and Environmental guidelines.
• Ensure that batch records and all associated process documentation are completed as they occur and done right the first time by utilizing manufacturing and documentation policies and procedures.
• Continuously evaluate processes with regard to quality, safety, environmental, and productivity enhancements.
• Maintain good housekeeping within their work area.
• Notify supervisor of any issues that can negatively impact compliance, safety, or productivity.
• Assist other departments when reasonable and necessary tasks are required for compliance, efficiency, etc.
• Communicate batch / equipment status and issues to supervisor and other operators. Actively participate in manufacturing meetings.
• Participate in process improvement and cost saving initiatives
• Train in all areas (manufacturing and packaging) in order to successfully rotate between the functional duties and support changing production needs
• Keep current on all required training.
• Assist with project work or inventory management duties during downtime between production runs.
EDUCATIONAL PREREQUISITES AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Some experience working with medical device or pharmaceutical liquid dose manufacturing equipment and processes helpful.
- 3-5 Years of manufacturing experience, medical device/ pharmaceutical manufacturing preferred.
- Ability to read and write in the English language. Ability to read and follow standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Physical Demands and Work Environment: Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to 50 pounds
TRAINING REQUIREMENTS: • Undergo all formal Training Events as may be directed from time-to-time.
• Observe and comply with all Corporate Policies.
• Work within, and ensure adherence to Quality System procedures, work instructions and other Quality System requirements.
• Work within, and ensure adherence to Health, Safety and Environment Management System procedures, instructions and other requirements.
Pay Rate Range: $30-45/hr. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.