Manufacturing Specialist 1
5200 Illumina Way San Diego, CA 92122 US
Implements production and large-scale manufacturing procedures in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology production environment in order to optimize processes and meet regulatory requirements. Responsibilities include scale-up and troubleshooting for equipment and systems. May establish operating equipment specifications and improve manufacturing techniques. May assist with resolving technical issues, as well as maintenance of production equipment. May review existing operational and process discrepancies in manufacturing and provide technical expertise to improve procedures.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
· Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 0-2 years of related experience; or equivalent work experience.
• Follow established processes and protocols to assist for the synthesis and purification of complicated organic molecules and modified oligonucleotides
• Inventory Control of reagents, chemicals and supplies using proper labeling and computerized transactions
• Maintain general lab organization and availability of lab supplies
• Labeling of tubes and bottles and dispensing of reagents
• Maintain an organized, safe and efficient work area at all times (5S)
• Routine testing and calibration of lab equipment
• Actively contribute to team discussion, project planning and project execution
• Review batch records for accuracy and completeness
• Resolve routine issues and escalate non-standard or critical issues
• Operate in compliance with all appropriate regulatory and safety requirements
• Work with cross-functional teams in R&D, HSE, Quality Engineering, and Manufacturing Engineering
25-30 pay rate range
**salary will be commensurate with experience**
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.