Manufacturing Supervisor II (Weekend, 2nd Shift)
927 S Curry Pike Bloomington, IN 47402 Bloomington, IN 47402 US
Target Pay Rate: 70-81k **salary will be commensurate with experience
The Supervisor II, Manufacturing is a member of the Manufacturing Leadership Team and reports directly to the Manufacturing Manager. They provide direct support to Manufacturing personnel. The Supervisor II, Manufacturing provides decision making and oversight to ensure compliance to all standard operating procedures and batch records. They must communicate effectively with manufacturing support departments (Quality, Technical Services, Engineering, etc.), multiple levels of management, and other customer support departments. The Supervisor II, Manufacturing builds an environment where partnership, productivity, safety, identity, strength, purity and quality (SISPQ) are reflected in the finished product. This position reports to a Manager II, Manufacturing.
The work schedule will be one of the options outlined below based on the business need.
Thurs & Fri: 2:30p-11:30p
Sat & Sun2:30p-1:30a
Option 2: Saturday-Tuesday
Sat & Sun: 2:30p-1:30a
Mon & Tues: 2:30p-11:30p
What you'll do:
- Understand and follow current Good Manufacturing Practices
- Provide guidance, support, direction and leadership through positive interactions with all personnel during daily operations.
- Interview, hire, mentor, and develop staff. Conduct annual performance reviews for all direct reports. Assists in setting performance objectives and development plans.
- Supervise the day-to-day production, scheduling, staffing, material management, compliance, training and auditing activities – to meet customer requirements including deadlines and quality standards. High percentage of Gemba (shop floor) presence.
- Review, approve, and manage documentation for batch and system records. Assist in release of product for distribution. Assist in meeting product release time goals.
- Implement and support training programs designed to enable staff to consistently carry out all manufacturing processes with strict compliance to cGMPs and EHS regulations.
- Develop and implement performance measurement and internal auditing programs in order to routinely evaluate operation efficiency and quality. Implement changes as needed based on assessments.
- Lead technical reviews, investigations and process improvement projects. Provide manufacturing input into integration and validation of new equipment and processes.
- Resolve technical, material and cGMP problems that may impact project deadlines.
- Provide guidance and troubleshooting assistance as needed during a deviation in the process; applying Root Cause Analysis (RCA) tools when applicable.
- Obtain qualification to perform select critical operation processes.
- Represent the company during audits and inspections.
- Author Non-conformance investigation reports (NCRs).
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3 years of manufacturing experience required
- Minimum 4 years supervisory related experience required
- In-depth process knowledge of related manufacturing equipment and processes preferred
- Experienced understanding of cGMPs and other regulatory guidelines applicable to the medical/pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software (examples include: JDE, BPLM, Pilgrim, Trackwise, SCADA (or similar) system, etc.)
Physical / Safety Requirements
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to push/pull heavy wheeled objects (ie: tanks, carts, pallet jacks, etc.)
- Must be able to perform overhead work (ie: sanitizing walls and ceilings)
- Physical coordination/flexibility to allow gowning for clean room environments
- Use applicable personal protective equipment, including safety shoes/toe caps, gloves, eye protection, heat resistant wear and hearing protection
- Dexterity and physical condition to perform some level of repetitive motion tasks
- Ability to wear respirator usage when product or task requires
- Eyesight to ensure effective inspection of equipment and/or filled units (corrective lenses acceptable)
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required
- Must be able to gown qualify for Grade A/B areas (filling)
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.