Manufacturing Technician II - Technical Services
5350 Horton Street, Building CMF Emeryville, CA 12345 US
- Provides Technical Manufacturing Services in a regulated FDA licensed and ISO certified facility, including cross-functional activities associated with production runs in collaboration with all manufacturing groups.
- The role may include special projects such as process development and validation activities where scientific research principles are applied.
- Work as part of a team that supports manufacturing operations on the production floor for buffer/media, glass washers, autoclaves, bioreactors, and various other laboratory equipment with varying levels of automation.
- Executes laboratory operations that include dispensing of chemicals, volumetric and gravimetric measurements, and preparing solutions.
- Operate a variety of laboratory equipment (pH/conductivity meters, Gravimetric Balances, Autoclaves, and Glasswashers))
- Understand basic equipment and procedures required for their areas of responsibility well enough to train other technicians
- Adhere to valid manufacturing procedures and documentation.
- Performs specific glassware preparations per standard operating procedures (cleaning, washing, sterilizing, and distributing within all manufacturing groups.)
- Assists production sustainability through the performance of SAP cycle counting accuracy, reconciliation, reservations, and/or scrapping of expired materials.
- Deliver quality products and services on time to all customers, internal and external.
- Responsible for remaining current on training programs in support of manufacturing processes.
- Abides by the Quality Policy while contributing to organizational goals and metrics
- Documentation: Maintains logbooks, inventory forms, SOPs, equipment, on-the-job training forms, and other records as required.
- Performs legible, clear, and concise data entry into batch records, logbooks, and all other controlled forms used in a cGMP process.
NOTE: For the right candidate the potential for conversion is possible.
- Complies with cGMP and ISO requirements.
- Understands basic procedures required for their responsibilities.
- Maintains accurate documentation in related to manufacturing process.
- Demonstrates leadership skills to train and guide fellow associates.
- Understands concepts involving a variety of lab equipment (pH meters, gravimetric balances, autoclaves, and glasswashers)
- Very good verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Requires math and computer skills including ability to use a calculator to perform basic statistical functions.
- Understands basic computer applications MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- At least 1 year experience with a AA, AS in a GMP environment
- Must have knowledge of reagent/buffer preparation processes
- Experience following and writing SOPs
- Computer knowledge required with experience using MS Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail able to document work accurately, and excellent organizational skills
- Experience in project management is desirable
- Knowledge in SAP is desirable
- Able to lift and push up to 50 lbs. (with assistance)
Vision Testing required (color, acuity)
At minimum Associate degree or Completion of certified biotech program with a Biotech Certificate of Achievement and/or Biotechnology A.S degree
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.