747 Grayson Street Berkeley, CA 94710 US
Target Pay Rate: 25-36.23/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
Responsible for clinical manufacturing of monoclonal antibodies (mAB) Drug substance within the Cell Culture Technology Center (CCTC). Collaborates closely with biological development (BD) and Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) for new product introductions and ensure platform alignment.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all aspects of clinical manufacturing in the following areas: Cell Expansion, Cell Culture, Purification, Solution Preparation and Weigh/Dispense. Including freezing and put away products.
- Employee will move with the process and work seamlessly across all areas.
- Ensures all activities are performed to schedule.
- Manufactures products in various phases of product life cycles from clinical thru launch. Clearly understands, communicates, and manages differences in terms of documentation, sample handling, automation and cGMPs etc. for different phases of product life cycle.
- Provide feedbacks to handles and troubleshoots single use technology (SUT) from end to end in manufacturing process.
- Works cross functionally to ensure process is controlled and issues are escalated and investigated.
- Redlines and reviews controlled documents for various equipment/processes.
- Effectively employs all methods of communication (oral, written, presentation) to ensure knowledge and information transfer across shifts, to management, and cross functionally.
- Raises and supports investigation of deviations.
- Participates in safety investigations for CCTC and promotes safe behaviors at all times.
- Must be able to change shift schedule based on business and process needs.
- Must provide off-hour (night and weekend including holiday) coverage to meet business requirements on short notice.
- Ability to lift 45 lb.
- Minimum of BS in science related field is preferred
- Must have minimum of 2+ years' experience.
- Transferable skills will be considered. or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrates strong tendency towards independent thinking and decision making.
- Able to make logical decisions independently for multiple process work streams with limited information or supervision available.
- Works with highest level of flexibility.
- Responds easily to last minute changes to production schedule.
- Must be Experienced in cGMP and GDP requirements for pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Experienced with data integrity, regulatory, requirements for pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Experienced in operation of thermo SUM, 200L and 2000 bioreactors, Akta ready XL, Akta ready gradient, and Akta ready Flux XL.
- Experienced with business IT systems (Delta V, Team, outlooks, SAP etc)
- Experienced with Microsoft Office. Excellent computer skills.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.