Manufacturing Trainer, 2nd shift
927 S Curry Pike Bloomington, IN 47402 Bloomington, IN 47402 US
Target Pay Rate: 55-63k **salary will be commensurate with experience
The Manufacturing Trainer is a member of the Manufacturing Team reporting directly to the Lead Trainer Manufacturing. They provide direct support to manufacturing personnel to ensure Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and core competencies are met. The Manufacturing Trainer provides oversight to ensure compliance to all regulatory agency regulations and guidelines and to Baxter Standard Operating Procedures. The manufacturing trainer must be able to manage time effectively, build efficiency into the training process, and have a desire to improve processes. The ideal candidate will be vested in their own personal growth and excited to support the growth of others. This position fully supports and drives quality operations on the production floor and communicates effectively with production team members, multiple levels of management, and other customer support departments. The Manufacturing Trainer creates an environment where teamwork, productivity, safety, identity, strength, purity, and quality (SISPQ) are reflected in the finished product.
What you'll do:
- Ability to effectively train employees on manufacturing core curriculum, highly focused on OJT (on the job training)
- Support supervisors in all aspects of the department related to training, (creation and deployment of training policies, processes, and documents, etc.)
- Facilitate personnel allocation discussions with leadership ensuring appropriately trained personnel are completing tasks and opportunity for training and growth is provided
- Assist with creation of training tools/manuals/job aids for operators to enhance performance
- Deliver feedback (and re-training as needed) to team members about their performance in a positive manner that reinforces/supports Baxter’s mission and that fosters teamwork
- Seek feedback from team members to continually improve the training process and program
- Perform real-time documentation review of in-process manufacturing activities while coaching GDP principles
- Participate on continuous improvement teams
- Ensure personnel are completing training documentation appropriately
- Write, revise and review pertinent documentation as appropriate
- Create and maintain competency depth assessments for assigned shift and/or department
- Work with other departments as necessary to create training programs that reinforce and educate employees on the importance of having a Quality focus in daily work
- Maintain personal qualifications to provide production support as needed
- Provide classroom training as needed
What you'll bring:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience required in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing.
- 1 year of leadership or training experience preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide effective group and individual training.
- Experience in technical writing preferred.
- Willingness to build efficiency into training processes and manage time effectively.
- Demonstrated desire to continually learn.
- Knowledge of cGMP and GDP practices required.
- Proficiency in a variety of mathematical disciplines and ability to work with both the metric and USA standards of measurement required.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software (examples include: JDE, BPLM, Pilgrim, Trackwise, BaxU, etc.)
Physical / Safety Requirements
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to push/pull heavy wheeled objects (ie: tanks, carts, pallet jacks, etc.).
- Utilize applicable personal protective equipment, including safety shoes/toe caps, gloves, eye protection, heat resistant wear and hearing protection.
- Dexterity and physical condition to perform some level of repetitive motion tasks.
- Ability to wear respirator usage when product or task requires
- Eyesight to ensure effective inspection of equipment and/or filled units (corrective lenses acceptable)
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.