Materials Management Coordinator
50 Northern Avenue, Boston, MA 02210 Boston, MA 02210 US
The Materials Management Coordinator is responsible for performing multiple activities in support of the Pharmaceutical Sciences group. The role applies proficiency in scheduling, shipment, and storage of materials in support of the Pharmaceutical Sciences group.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain all required information to facilitate outgoing shipment of Pharmaceutical Sciences materials by CMSC Materials Management included obtaining required documentation such as SDSs, COAs, BSA/TSE, TSCA statements, etc.
- Complete shipping requests and coordinate with CMSC Materials Management and Logistics teams to ensure shipping transactions are completed in appropriate systems.
- Maintain list of shipping records, including providing shipment tracking updates and history information to all stakeholders on request.
- Develop and manages forecast of significant future shipments and provides advanced notification to appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage PharmSci inputs into Vertex materials valuation process.
- Work with appropriate internal and external stakeholders on best practices RE: logistics related issues (including interfacing with trade management providers on customs clearance, duties, value added tax (VAT) issues, etc.)
- Maintain material inventory lists at external storage facilities and manage regular internal review of records to facilitate transfer, sale, destruction of materials as required.
- Regularly interface with other materials management personnel to develop best practices supporting the needs of the Pharmaceutical Sciences organization.
- Associate degree in science or 2+ years in supply chain or logistics.
- 2+ years of experience in pharmaceutical industry with at least 1 year in shipping, materials management, production planning or a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Oracle – based systems a plus
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.