Harmans, MD 21077 US
The Material Planner is part of a team responsible for managing the supply of assigned materials to support pre-clinical, early to late phase clinical, and commercial manufacturing requirements while maintaining targeted inventories. The objective of the Material Planner is to ensure that materials are available and released by Quality at the right time, in the right location and at the right quantity for scheduled activities. The Material Planner will also assist in improving the material planning function through implementation of planning best practices and full utilization of the JDE system. This position will closely interface with the Ready-to-Execute team, Production Scheduling, Material Control, Buyers, Costing, Manufacturing, Quality Raw Materials, MS & T, and Project Management.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Material Requirement Planning (MRP) for multiple manufacturing and warehousing sites, clients and products.
- Tracking and reporting material readiness daily to Ready to Execute and as requested by internal and external clients.
- Regular review of planning parameters impacting MRP such as safety stock, reorder point and Kanban or Min/Max levels.
- Expediting and problem-solving supply issues with Buyers, Material Control, Manufacturing and Quality Raw Materials.
- Driving maximum utilization of the ERP system (JDE) for all MRP functions and inventory control.
- Managing input of Work Orders, attachment of Bills of Material and Routings and creation of Purchase Requisitions.
- Contributing to the lifecycle management process to optimize inventory, mitigate material expiration and reduce scrap.
- Participating in continuous improvement projects.
Skills and Competencies:
- Practical knowledge of MRP, supply and inventory planning and forecasting.
- Must be organized, possess time management skills, and be able to manage changing priorities.
- Ability to develop processes and act as a change catalyst.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to work with remote supervision.
- Desire to learn
Experience & Education:
- 2-4 years material planning or related Supply Chain experience.
- Experience in cGMP environment preferred. Pharma/Biotech/CMO desirable.
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain or similar or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency with ERP / MRP systems. JDE desirable.
- Experience in developing and implementing processes, procedures, and systems preferred.
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Lean/Six Sigma experience desirable.
- Supply Chain Certification such as CPIM is desirable.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.