601 Rudolph Way Lawrenceburg, IN 47025 US
Troubleshoots, maintains, improves and repairs all production machines and existing plant equipment. Performs fabrication and installation of new equipment. Maintains and repairs building and facilities.
- Conducts preventative maintenance and safety checks on all production equipment to include, but not limited to the Eagle, Phaser, Mogul, Engrossing and Polishing rooms, and cook deck area;
- Conducts preventative maintenance and safety checks on all plant equipment, including the boiler and air compressor;
- Keeps plant equipment running and in good repair;
- Determines and prioritizes all necessary repairs, both electrical and mechanical, to ensure all machines are ready for the next days run;
- Makes and delegates repairs in a timely manner;
- Makes improvements to plant systems and facilities;
- Replenishes spare parts and orders materials for projects, upgrades and overhauls;
- Prepares maintenance plans in accordance with production schedule to ensure minimal impact of necessary repairs;
- Assists Plant staff with adjustments, changeovers & programming of Plant machinery (Eagle, Phaser, Mogul) when circumstances are unusual, or as needed;
- Promptly reports to Plant Manager all serious equipment malfunctions, and suggested course of action;
- Determines what project work is needed and completes the project work in a timely manner;
- Provides, and maintains in good working condition, your own complete set of essential hand tools necessary to accomplish general, day-to-day maintenance responsibilities (shop tools & specialized equipment will be supplied by the company as required);
- Maintains cleanliness and upkeep of repair shop, maintenance office, and storage areas including all equipment, tools, supplies and materials found therein; and
- Observe and follow safety procedures;
- Observe and follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Food Safety Plan (HACCP) and Food Quality Plan (FQP);
- Take responsibility for producing high quality product in each step of production;
- Maintain clean work area.
- Participate in all necessary training is required to successfully perform job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; wet or humid conditions (non-weather); fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee may occasionally be required to work in high, precarious places; be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions; extreme heat and cold (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 1000 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk and stand; frequently talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit, taste or smell.
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.