Mechanical Subject Matter Expert
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
SME Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure that design teams understand project requirement and the business case for the project
- Ensure that the defined project scope is the appropriate balance of cost, quality, and functionality to meet the business need, that the materials and system performance will meet Site requirements, and that the recipients for the project (Site Operations and End Users) are aligned with the project scope.
- Monitor projects during execution for adherence to the intended design.
- Monitor commissioning and hand-over of projects to Site Operations and End Users to help ensure the project scope delivered meets expectations.
- Become familiar with Site design standards, business processes, and operations to enable effective support and review of projects
- Gain knowledge of: Existing building systems within the project boundaries to help ensure the project team has addressed issues associated with modifications to existing systems Existing Site central utilities to help ensure the project team has addressed any impacts to capacity, distribution, or other operational concerns for the utilities
- Review project documents for: Conformance with good engineering practices and suitability for achieving project objectives Conformance with Site design standards, specifications, and documentation standards. Alignment with the Site's expectations for maintainability & operations
- Review project construction submittals for conformance with project scope, project drawings and project specifications.
- Review construction progress on a periodic basis to help ensure the installation is conforming to scope expectations and expected quality of construction
- Participate as needed in verification that the final installation operates as intended and in accordance with Site expectations. Support resolution of any project deficiencies in meeting the business need and intended project scope.
- Review turnover packages for completeness and conformance with Site standards
- Attend project meetings
- Review construction progress on a bi-weekly basis
- Support updates to site engineering standards by incorporating project team and Operations feedback, including: Development of standard system P&IDs (Process and Instrumentation Diagrams), standard details, and standard schedules Updates and revisions to internal master specifications Revision to internal design guidelines and standards Implementation of processes to support adherence to internal design standards
Who you are
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field, with 7+ years of experience working with building HVAC and utility systems. Strong understanding of all aspects of HVAC systems engineering, design and construction.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and the ability to convey information clearly, listen effectively, and ask appropriate questions
- Works well in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and to creatively solve problems
- Proficient in standard office suites such as Google applications (Mail, Calendar, Documents, etc.) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
Site Services Group:
Site Services is a multi-disciplinary group at the Client Company that focuses on making great work possible. Departments within Site Services include Design & Construction, Site Operations, Security, Environmental Health & Safety, and Workplace Effectiveness.
Design Engineering (DE) is a group within Design & Construction (D&C). DE is composed of SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) in the following disciplines: Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Automation Engineering. The DE Group provides subject matter expertise in respective disciplines to D&C Project Managers who execute ~180 construction projects annually for customers within the SSF campus.
Pay Rate Range: $90-110/hr. Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.