Medical Information Manager II
211 Mount Airy Rd Basking Ridge, NJ 07920 US
Target Pay Rate: 50-65/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
The Manager, Medical Information, will have responsibility for developing and reviewing high quality medical information (MI) content to be used for the provision of medical information requested by external customers. The Manager also leverages his/her functional and technical expertise to assist in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the Medical Information function as well as the overall MI&E function. This position is responsible for collaborating with other staff within MI&E to ensure timely and appropriate management of inquiries and supporting the consistent interpretation of our data as well as supporting a unified, consistent medical position across USMA. Responsibilities
- Develop high quality, scientifically sound medical information content (e.g., Medical Response Documents) to fulfill unsolicited requests for information from customers and to support achievement of established medical objectives.
- Collaborate and coordinate with appropriate staff to provide guidance to the Medical Information Center (MIC) for appropriate handling of escalated inquiries and assist with training of the MIC as needed.
- Provide support, when necessary, at targeted medical congresses for scientific booths.
- Conduct comprehensive literature searches across multiple databases and identify and analyze relevant data for inclusion in MRDs.
- Manage MRDs through the complete review and approval process, incorporating (and discussing as needed) input/recommendations from other reviewers and discussing with other functions as needed, under direction of supervisor.
- Conduct detailed peer review of MRDs and provide appropriate and effective feedback/recommendations.
- Provide Contact Center with direction on inquiries for which they need input on.
- Assist in the review of Promotional and Sales Training materials to ensure accuracy and scientific rigor.
- Assist in the review of other medical information resources such as dossiers, Q&As, slides etc.
- Participate in projects/initiatives and provide operational support as assigned, under direction of supervisor.
- Experience in writing and reviewing medical information materials in the Oncology therapeutic area strongly preferred
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry strongly preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of oncology pharmacotherapy and the pharmacological sciences
- Strong relationship management skills
- Results driven
- Strong analytical skills
Highly proficient in prioritizing work, multi-tasking and working in fast paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of software
- 1 or More Years experience in a medically related field including industry experience in Medical Affairs preferred
- Proven track record of working successfully with cross-functional teams to achieve results
- experience in medical review and/or medical information preferred
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.