Medical Information Workflow Analyst
REMOTE - PST, CA US
Title: Associate Medical Scientific Information Workflow Analyst
Summary: Under close supervision, receives and processes approved medical inquiries including speaking with the caller, coordinating follow-up action, documenting requests and responses, and developing, maintaining and updating the database files.
Essential Job Functions:
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws.
- Receives, triages, and processes product identification calls, including speaking with the caller and documenting the request from the call into the Medical Information Database.
- Responsible for identification and coordination of transfer of any query that is beyond the scope of approved responses and requires an Medical Information Department staff member to offer a peer medical information reply.
- Responsible for Unsolicited Requests (Sales Representative/MSL) case data entry clean up and auditing.
- Assists with the processing of outgoing responses via database and hard copy mailings, as needed.
- Assists and collaborates with the Operations department on the Medical Information SharePoint portal.
- Responsible for Medical Information shared mailbox triage and handling.
- Identifies Adverse Events and Quality Complaints to triage appropriately and runs Reconciliation Reports per Compliance.
- Coordinates Global Scientific Information requests to the appropriate medical personnel.
- Performs related duties, as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other regulatory requirements.
- HIPAA Privacy Laws
- Call Center experience preferred.
- Customer service procedures and techniques.
- Computer systems, database and software applications.
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Current company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
- Standard office procedures, practices and protocols.
- MS Office (Access database knowledge, Excel, Outlook, etc.) preferred.
- SharePoint knowledge preferred.
- InContact and/or other call center phone system experience preferred.
- Previous Medical/Scientific experience preferred.
- Managing multiple duties, tasks and assignments within time constraints and/or deadlines.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with individuals contacted in the course of work.
- Operating computer systems and database and software applications.
- Maintaining and updating manual and electronic files and filing systems.
- Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, bend and operate a personal computer for extended periods, communicate via telephone, computer and/or face-to-face contact and use basic office equipment such as copier/printer and fax machines regularly in the course of work. Work is performed in an office environment. Noise levels in this environment are within the normal range.
Bachelors degree in Healthcare or Business related field from an accredited college or university, and a minimum of one (1) year directly related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.