222 E Canon Perdido , Suite 101 Santa Barbara, CA 93101 US
This full-time Microbiologist will perform antimicrobial susceptibility tests and microbiological research. Measuring microbe growth and response.
B.S Degree in Microbiology or related field required
Minimum of 1-year experience in a clinical microbiology laboratory preferred
This is a unique position for a self-motivated individual to perform cutting edge research and grow with the company.
• Maintain microbiology laboratory
• Perform antimicrobial susceptibility tests and microbiological research
• Document and report results of microbiological analyses
• Some travel may be required
• Must be proficient in aseptic technique, serial dilutions, quantitative enumeration of microorganisms, and preparation of test media.
• Must have working knowledge of the operation of lab equipment including, but not limited to sterilization equipment and weighing balances.
• Must be proficient in microorganism culturing techniques and antimicrobial susceptibility testing.
• Critical thinking skills appropriate for advanced problem-solving activities required.
• Must be capable of performing routine tasks in a self-directed manner.
• Must possess clear, concise writing abilities
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.