Molecular Biology Scientist 1
200 Lincoln Centre Drive San Mateo, CA 94404 US
To apply for this position, you will be studying towards, or recently completed, a Ph.D. in Genomics, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Biology, Biological Sciences or related field.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience with molecular biology, cell biology, and/or synthetic biology techniques (e.g., CRISPR-based techniques, next-generation sequencing (NGS)-related techniques on various platforms, mammalian tissue cell culture, and basic skills in molecular biology labs)
- Experience with fluorescence microscopy and flow cytometry/FACS
- Basic knowledge of Python or R, bioinformatics, and statistics
- Ability to contribute independently and collaboratively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with single-cell RNA sequencing (scRNA-seq) sample preparation
- Experience with computational analysis and visualization of scRNA-seq data (Python or R)
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.