Nurse Practitioner III
Cupertino, CA 95014 US
Target Pay Rate: 70-100.84/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
Client is looking for an Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner. The purpose of this role is to deliver high quality clinical occupational health services to employees. This position will help champion the implementation of innovative clinical occupational health solutions in order to optimize the health and performance of employees.
- Perform medical surveillance and fitness to work medical evaluations.
- Perform history, physical examination, assessment and planning on patients who present to the Occupational Health Clinic with complaints of injury or illness thought to be due to work.
- Formulates appropriate disposition and/or treatment plan: Includes ordering and interpreting diagnostic test(s) including laboratory tests, radiographs, spirometry and hearing tests.
- Prescribes and administers therapeutic treatment modalities including medications, advises patients on how to use medications, and performs other medical functions, as authorized.
- Provides feedback and/or follow-up to patients in a timely fashion.
- Provides appropriate referral to different specialty and/or subspecialty care as deemed appropriate for a particular clinical problem
- Administers vaccines, vision, and other tests as needed and in scope of practice.
- Determine work-relatedness and causation of injury or illness.
- Lead case management of work-related illnesses/injuries to ensure prompt and efficient health care and return to work process.
- Support workplace incident investigations and reporting of potential OSHA recordable cases.
- Assist with the evaluation and mitigation of workplace health hazards.
- Support workplace accommodation requests.
- Assist with developing and updating clinical occupational health policies and guidelines.
- Accurately track and analyze occupational health data to evaluate the effectiveness of occupational health programs.
- Assist with managing Occupational Health vendors/contractors.
- At least 3 years must have been in clinical occupational health setting
- NP with current license to practice in California.
- Experience implementing evidence-based occupational health programs in global corporate, research, and manufacturing environments.
- Must have effective diagnostic and decision making skills in area of Occupational and Environmental Health nursing.
- Experience in an occupational health clinic with injury care in the California Workers' Compensation system.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple occupational health projects effectively and simultaneously with high standards of professionalism.
- Strong computer skills and Telehealth experience is preferred.
- Have a working knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations including OSHA, FMLA, ADA, HIPAA and medical record keeping.
- Skilled at cross-functional collaboration.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to collect and interpret data to measure effectiveness of Occupational Health programs.
- Strong case management experience is preferred
- Certification as an Adult/Geriatric or Family Nurse Practitioner is required.
- Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of California with an active license and furnishing number is required.
- Certifications in Hearing Conservation and Spirometry is required ** can be obtained within 3 months after hire
- BLS/CPR certificate is required
- Graduate of a masters level nurse practitioner program with an emphasis in Occupational Health nursing is preferred.
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse-S (COHN-S) is preferred
- DEA certificate, CURES registration is preferred
- Master’s degree in Public Health degree is preferred
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.