Occupational Health Nurse - Part Time
4625 NE Brookwood Pkwy Cornelius, OR 97124 US
RESPONSIBILITIES: (Note: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive.)
- The Occupational Health Nurse is responsible for planning, implementing and managing health and wellness programs and associated regulatory requirements, as well as supporting the site's overall safety, security and environmental sustainability efforts. Programs and services managed may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Medical Surveillance Good Manufacturing Process (CGMP) Screenings Industrial and Office Ergonomics
- OSHA Recordkeeping, Workers' Compensation care and treatment of work-related injury/illnesses
- Electronic Medical Record System (OHM)
- Occupational health and wellness presentations and trainings for departments
The Occupational Health Nurse responsibilities include the following:
- Under limited direction, lead the organization's Health Services including occupational health and employee wellness programs, to ensure regulatory and legal compliance and promote employee well-being at work as well as at home.
- Function as the site's subject matter expert for occupational health and wellness, OSHA recordkeeping, workers compensation.
- Provide appropriate evaluation and treatment of occupational injuries/illnesses, in consultation with company's outside medical consultant.
- Perform clinical evaluations, first aid treatment of work-related injuries, and function as a nurse care manager.
- Routinely interact with employees, management, internal Health Services counterparts, and outside occupational medicine providers in a consultative role, representing company and applying relevant business acumen.
- Determine real and potential health problems and occupational hazards utilizing data from accident report reviews, OSHA Log, medical case reviews, work-site surveys, and medical surveillance screenings, ergonomic evaluations and injury/illness care.
- Provide occupational health and wellness-related counseling and education.
- Develop and lead occupational health and wellness training.
- Organize and maintain confidential employee medical records including, but not limited to, those in OHM, workers compensation state filings, and OSHA recordkeeping/reporting.
- Possess the necessary communication and technical skills to manage highly confidential employee information and to manage delicate employee health matters such as GMP screening results.
- The occupational health nurse must also possess the technical and communications skills to track progress on Health Services goals and objectives using relevant and effective program management and monitoring processes (e.g. key performance metrics, indicators and scorecards).
- Participate as a member of the 24/7 emergency on-call schedule.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 5+ years experience in nursing required.
- Minimum one year in occupational health nursing also required.
- Valid Oregon license to practice as a registered nurse (RN) or nurse practitioner required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification also required. Certification as occupational health nurse specialist (COHN-S), completion of hearing conservation and/or spirometry courses preferred.
- Ideal candidate will thrive on challenge and employee interaction; foster an environment of trust, collaboration and learning, and possess an exceptional ability influence all level of audiences.
- Must be a total self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, be able to prioritize multiple task and independently develop and drive solutions to problems.
- Must possess strong leadership abilities, effective writing and oral presentation skills, and effective conflict management abilities.
Pay Rate Range: $40-$50/hr. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.