Operational Buyer Indirect III
101 International Drive Portsmouth NH USA 03801 Portsmouth, NH 03801 US
Target Pay Rate: 34.57/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
- Review Purchase Requisitions for indirect products/services of CAPEX Projects to ensure all necessary information, documentation and required signatures are present.
- Issue purchase orders to vendors based on approved requisitions.
- Obtain Order Confirmations with expected delivery dates from vendors.
- Assist with resolving any issues related to orders, including shipment errors, damaged goods, and other supplier concerns.
- Collaborate with suppliers to ensure timely and accurate delivery of goods per the schedule set forth for the project.
- Keep in touch with suppliers on open orders and communicate any delays and/or early deliveries to the project leads and update internal systems accordingly, so that the respective site is aware.
- Closing out the purchase orders at the end of the project.
- Manage relationships with vendors, responding to inquiries and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Work with the supplier to expedite orders as needed to meet the demands and timelines set forth by the Project Lead and communicate the status.
- Provide PO/Invoice management assistance and support to CAPEX Procurement and Project Controls teams.
- Assist with scheduling meetings with suppliers and Project Leads and any additional stake holders.
- Tracking equipment order through delivery status using the PMP (or CAPEX Equipment Tracker).
- Identify areas for process improvement and implement solutions to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Facilitate issuance of Confidential Disclosure Agreements (CDA)
- Assemble and issue Request for Proposal (RFP)/Tenders, commercial agreements (POs), contract preparation and issuance.
- Expedite Receipt of RFPs and Tenders
- Compile quotations and populate bid tab analysis
- Develop successful working relationships with partner teams, internal stake holders and suppliers.
- Promote a culture of collaboration and innovation within the immediate team.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree (or equivalent experience) in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field preferred.
- Previous experience in large to medium CAPEX project procurement in Bio-Pharm, Chemical, specialty chemical, or heavy industrial projects.
- Experience with Operational Procurement and Requisition-to-Purchase processes.
- 5+ years of experience in procurement or a related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Experience working with procurement systems and management software, demonstrated knowledge and use of SAP, Unifier, and SharePoint.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Curious and observant team player, willingness to expand own expertise and learn on the go.
- Ability to adapt to varying workloads and to prioritize business needs.
- Highly analytical with a strong attention to detail.
- Able to work with a minimum supervision.
- Able to deal with Ambiguity - can manage shifting priorities, and demands.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with various teams and departments.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.